Re: [PLUG] Debconf 20/21 in India

Thanks everyone for submitting the bid for DebConf in India.

If we are thinking of IIT Mumbai as a venue for DebConf 20, then we need to make sure that IIT Mumbai gives us solid WiFi and mobile carrier signals in the campus. During the Mini-DebConf there, we had big issues with internet connectivity. This is something which we can easily fix with help of current students.

We have good volunteer numbers in Pune and Mumbai combined, for on the ground support before the event (if it does happen). Also, Mumbai has many hotels to accommodate a large contingent and the IIT campus is large enough to accommodate multiple parallel tracks. Plus, we have many good sightseeing places nearby the city.

Adding Mumbai LUG to CC.

On Mon 6 Aug, 2018, 17:57 akshat, <akshat-pg8@iiitmk.ac.in> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 6:46 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
In-line :-

On 06/08/2018, Skool!lookS <look.kool@guruvision.com> wrote:
> Kerala is a better place according to me.
>
> In 52 years of life thus far I found no other complelling reason to
> reach there despite it being called "God's Own Country".
>
> It may change with this option... Debcon may be irrelevant for me,
> Kerala isn't..!

Can you stop insulting and put the proper name 'Debconf' rather than 'Debcon' .

It's insulting.

I second that, always mention it with a proper name DebConf.

Also you took a thread which is happening in debian-india and plugging
it in 'plug-in' . Is this some ploy to drive some traffic to 'plug-in'
?

That's like taking somebody's code and claiming it as yours :(

If you have no interest in Debconf then nobody is stopping you from
visiting Kerala now or in October/November .

FSF does their thing every year, even Amrita University does a free
software program every year, it doesn't need a Debconf to appreciate
what Kerala has to offer. You will find more free software activities
which happen there all the time, at least much more to what Pune does.

> --
> Consultant Spirituel
>
> Guruvision Inc.
>
> --
> "Science is nothing more than an understanding of the way the world
>   is and why it is that way.. (it) is the method we use to try and
>   postulate a minimum set of assumptions that can explain, through a
>   straighforward logical derivation, the existence of many phenomena
>   of nature .."  -- From "The Goal" by E.M. Goldratt

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A  2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8