Re: Fwd: Re: relayb0t

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com> wrote:
> Vasudev suggested the following, on IRC.
>
> <copyninja> jonas: is it possible to move pkg-config files using d-shlibmove
> <copyninja> I remember seeing something similar in may be one of your package
> but not able to recall it
> <copyninja> got it never mind
> <copyninja> codesearch to rescue
> <copyninja> RickXy: around
> <copyninja> ?
> <RickXy> copyninja, hi
> <RickXy> now I am.
> <copyninja> RickXy: are you willing to test https://lab.louiz.org/louiz/biboumi/
> blob/3.0/doc/biboumi.1.rst
> <copyninja> biboumi for providing a jabber gateway to IRC
> <copyninja> its unlike the bot approach used by others
> <RickXy> I can try it over the week.
> <RickXy> How do I test ?
> <RickXy> Have you set it up ?
> <copyninja> nope
> <copyninja> we need a jabber server for testing it
> <copyninja> so best way we install prosody on local machine and try it out
> <copyninja> RickXy: or you can try setting up prosody on my VPS :D
> <copyninja> I have it on my radar for a while but not getting enough time to
> test it out
> <copyninja> so asking you
> * RickXy is lazy.
> <RickXy> Abhijith PA was interested in reviving it.
> <copyninja> well was he?..
> <copyninja> even after I mentioning it here on IRC no one seems to be
> interested
> <copyninja> and they were looking at another new bot for the purpose
> <copyninja> so I felt if we want then we need to try it
> <copyninja> at the momemnt I'm fixing fontforge
> <copyninja> its about time I target it to unstable

Umm.. OK so just to add to above conversation I've already ITPed
biboumi as it is the perfect solution we were discussing earlier in
IRC. Its a transparent bridging of IRC and XMPP where XMPP users feel
they are using MUC and IRC users feel like person has directly joined
IRC and there is no mediators like bots (which is ugly).

The ITP is here https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=841773

I will be maintaining the package as part of pkg-voip team and have
started working on the package. If any one want to join me (and Jonas)
in co-maintaining the package you are welcome to do so. You can
contact me on #debian-in.

Cheers,
--

Vasudev Kamath