Re: miniDebConf Pune

In-line :-

On 7/1/15, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 June 2015 at 11:22, Raju Vindane <rajuvindane@cryptolab.net> wrote:
>
>>snip<
>
>>  * Some of us people will start working on the website for miniDebCOnf
>> Pune. This list includes Rahul, Mangesh & Sagar
>
> Can we ask Rigved & his team who built web-site for Mumbai mini
> Debconf in January 2015?
> That way we don't have to do rework.

Depends, AFAIK Rigved is on the mailing list. We welcome contributions
from whoever wants to help/contribute with the site or any other aspect.
The only thing is we *do not* want to use the same template. The job/work is
simple in the sense we want the homepage to have a carousel/slider,
maybe a count-down clock, a 'nice' bootstrap theme, an event calendar telling
what will be happening,  a multi-user blog with visual editing capabilities
(something simple like what wordpress or even medium
gives.)

Now the above is "ideal" or at least ideal according to me.

It really depends on people as to what they can come up with.

There are enough pictures of community people interacting in the last
few years.
So those can be used. I am guessing that at the very least, Praveen and Kartik
would be part of it. If more people from the community join, more the merrier.

>> 3. Prof. Abhijit has assured us that If required the College can make
>
> Great!
>
>> 4.As any event requires support of sponsors, Once the website gets
>> launched we have to work on creating a good Sponsorship Letter so we can
>> approach different potential sponsors.
>
> If there is any DebconfIndia twitter or fb account, that will be
> helpful to get/refer sponsors.

I don't know/think we have one. The problem is not just to create it
but also maintain
and nurture it. If we have 2-3 people who can volunteer for it then it
could work out.

That was the unsaid part, it is always welcome :)

> ii) Can we also check costing of live video streaming or at least
> recording of sessions?

I asked the people running hasgeek as they have covered fudcon.
As per Kiran of hasgeek, a similar setup for our event would cost
somewhere between Rs. 50,000/- to a lakh per day which frankly
we can ill-afford at this point.

If anybody can help us with video streaming, they are welcome.
We are willing to pitch in, help out anyway we can. It is probably
possible to get a video camera or two from community with the person
using it by themselves, but the rest of it would have to be somehow
done by the community.