Re: very early diaspora package - need some testers

[dropping Swathanthra Malayalam Computing list, apparently not public]

Quoting Pirate Praveen (2014-11-22 11:41:45)
> On Saturday 22 November 2014 03:36 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Quoting Pirate Praveen (2014-11-22 09:46:36)
>>> I need some volunteers to test the diaspora package. It is very
>>> early and released only for people who want to help test the
>>> packaging. There is lot of work to be done untill it is ready for
>>> general use.
>>>
>>> https://poddery.com/posts/1465856
>>
>> Is Diaspora packaging somehow exclusive to India?!?
>
> Most of the contributors to this team are from India. At every debian
> event in India, I have been talking about diaspora packaging.

Yes, I have noticed how it is quite actively promoted in India.  That's
great, and I don't want to discourage that - hence my choice of the word
"exclusive" (rather than e.g. "popular"). :-)

If e.g. you feel that inviting the whole World to help develop/test
could somehow discourage contributions from India then that would be a
sensible reason to target only indian lists with your invitation.

>> Assuming you mean _Debian_ packaging, you might want to seek
>> testers/packaging help at debian-devel@l.d.o.
>>

> Thanks for the suggestion, I will post it there soon.

...but seems that was not your line of thought.  Phew: simpler! :-D

Kind regards,

 - Jonas