Re: [MiniDebConfSite] Site now Up to preview

On 31 August 2014 17:50, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> you are welcome but please do suggest me what markers you need at the
>> zoomed up map.
> Please excuse me for this one. What exactly do you mean(over here) by marker
> ? Is it way of marking locations on the OSM(I've not used it much) or are
> you using it in general terms ?
OSM as a base layer is fine but some times rendering has its own
issues. We could use our JS and put some markers on top manually which
is what I am doing.
> I mean how do I share the locations on the map with you in, say a mail ?
> (Share the lats and longs ?)
You could do that or give me the names currently visible on the map(osm).
> Yes, it's Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. The map shows that clear enough. I
> think marking that is good enough.

Done added it to the zoomed map. By the way which hall would be used ?
Acharya Hall or Amriteshwari Hall ? OSM allows for that level of
detail (zoom 19 ) .

>> 3. Where is the accommodation provided ?
>
> I'll come in with confirmation on these. We'll have the accommodation in the
> Boys Hostel and the Ashram(both of which are shown in the map)
Added boys hostel. Ashram I am not so sure , please give me lat/lng
> P.S: I've also sent a merge request[1] to the website(a minor one ofcourse)
> that opens the wiki-page in a new tab :D

I couldn't see it , anyways you do have commit rights :)

@all: I have done some minor cosmetic changes. Please check them out.
Let me know if any changes are needed.

Regards,
Pavithran