[HELP] apt-offline debian bug reports module

Hi,

I am writing, asking for help, in case if anyone on this list may be interested.

apt-offline is an Offline APT Package Manager for Debian and derived distributions [1]. I just released version 1.4 of apt-offline and am looking for help. One of the features for apt-offline is to download bug reports along with the package. Currently it supports Debian BTS only. For bug reports, it relied on an older version of debbugs.py module, iirc part of the reportbug package. Over the years, this module was superseded by debianbts.py which interacts to the Debian BTS over SOAP. The previous one talked over some CGI interface.

The task would be to take up the current debianbts.py and adapt apt-offline to it. Good to have would be to ensure that the debianbts.py module is platform independent.

There are also a bunch of other bugs and feature requests to look at [2].

If in case anyone is interested, please do let me know.

[1] http://www.researchut.com/tools/apt-offline
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=apt-offline;dist=unstable

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf