Re: irc meeting summary

[replying only to list - hope that is fine]

Quoting ബാലശങ്കർ സി (2014-08-04 20:55:09)
>> 1. We're going to scrap the idea of using google forms for
>> registrations, instead we're going to host the registration app on
>> the FOSS@Amrita website. There are going to be two types of forms one
>> for the delegates and another for the speakers. As Balasankar C is
>> experienced with this, he's going to help us out there.
>
> I have hosted an extreme (and I mean it) basic registration form here
> - http://balasankarc.in/registration/
> However, I didn't implement admin authentication (became lazy :) ).
>
> If this skeleton is fine with you guys, tell me the modifications to
> be made.

You have put in some validation checks in html5 (cool!) and some in
javascript.  It seems, however, that you do *not* validate server-side.
Consider adding that - both for user experience (for those who can't or
won't use javascript) and for security of whatever further processing
you do.

> PS : I am the worst designer out there and hence someone else must
> design the forms (only keep in mind to keep the name attributes of the
> inputs intact).

I notice you use jQuery and Bootstrap.  You might want to consider
exploring more lighweight alternatives - my favorite is Sass and
Compass, and picking specific-purpose non-jQuery javascript functions as
needed.

 - Jonas