how about having an mini unconference/barcamp type thingie about Debian during FOSS.in ?

Hi all,
What do people think of having a mini unconference/barcamp type
thingie about Debian during FOSS.in. By unconference I mean being
strictly 'casual' both in the sense that people can come and go as
they please and having no set agendas. We could do mini-hackathons,
packaging, troubleshooting, learning and sharing things on the go to
even having some sort of mini installfest or il8n thing depending on
what people need. I, Praveen A. and IIRC Kartik Mistry is also coming
so it would be good opportunity both to socialize as well as
evangelize Debian.

While Praveen would be the initiator there and this mail is on his
behalf I too would be there to contribute and help out in what little
way I can.

>From the three days of schedule the last day seems to be the one where
there are very less events which also means (according to various FOSS
events I have been to) usually the dedicated ones show up on the last
day. So if we can get a room we should be able to pick up or atleast
open a dialogue with possible and probable new contributors.

With around a week to go it's probably the best time to think and see
if we can do something. If people are coming to FOSS.in please send
your responses as to what you feel.

Till l8er.
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17