Re: Question about a alternative impacting on an other

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> However, if manually, I update liblapack to Atlas:
> update-alternatives --config liblapack.so.3gf
> Obviously, it won't update the libblas.so.3gf.
>
> In theory, this should not be a problem... However, lapack from Atlas
> uses some internal of libblas.so.
> IE, if the user has libblas.so configured as refblas.so and liblapack.so
> as Atlas. This will break (cf bug #598638).
>
> Is there a way to have a kind of trigger in update-alternatives for this
> case ?

Nope, there's nothing like that currently.

But we have a bug report requesting hooks for update-alternatives:

So maybe we will have something that would help at some point.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)