Re: dpkg (>= 1.15.5) fails on make check

Hello,

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:31:20 +0100
Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> From my reading the perlsub manpage, the underscore in prototypes
> wasn't supported in perl 5.8, while it is in perl 5.10. Its
> purpose[1]:
> | As the last character of a prototype, or just before a semicolon,
> | you can use _ in place of $ : if this argument is not provided, $_
> | will be used instead.
>
>  1. http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsub.html#Prototypes

Thanks, that is the problem indeed.

Tested it with the masked for testing 5.10.1 perl version and it all
worked. Now we will have to wait until that perl version makes it into
the tree to have a fully working dpkg (>= 1.15.5).

Kindest regards,
Yuri.