Re: Next version plans: string freeze?

Hi,

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 14:13:19 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> However, we're now a few months ahead from the planned release and I
> think it should be good to settle on a moment where code changes
> should not include translatable strings changes so that translators
> can safely cope with last updates.
>
> Would something like end April or end May be OK?

dpkg should get feature frozen this next week most probably (maybe a bit
later given that some other toolchain changes are still pending, but
we should not be counting on that anyway). So this sets a soft freeze
on the amount of strings that will be introduced in the future, as new
dpkg transitions to testing will need RM approval.

We can start a harder freeze few months before the release, where any
string change would need notification to the list and we could discuss
if it's important enough or something.

How does this sounds to you Christian, and the other translators?

regards,
guillem