Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature

[Please CC me, I am not on debian-dpkg]

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 05:08:24PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> A dpkg trigger is a facility that allows events of interest to a
> package to be recorded and aggregated, and processed later by that
> package.  This feature simplifies various registration and
> system-update tasks and reduces duplication of processing.
>
> (NB: Triggers are intended for events that occur during package
> installation, not events that occur in general operation.)

I hope I am not misunderstanding this.  Could this be used by *other*
packages which are interested in a particular package?

For instance, if I would like package bar to be able register to receive
events from package foo, could that be possible?  What I am thinking is
for upgrades of non-dependent or non-depending packages.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez