Re: Triggers status?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > ] $ git clone http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/git/dpkg/dpkg.triggers
> > ] Initialized empty Git repository in /home/aj/H/dpkg/dpkg.triggers/.git/
> > ] Cannot get remote repository information.
> > ] Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?
> >
> > git:// doesn't work either (Connection refused).
>
> What I did was rsync -a my local tree to my public-html directory on
> chiark.  chiark is still running sarge so git isn't installed there.
>
> Is it not possible to provide a git branch in this way ?  What should
> I have done instead ?

You should have called git-update-server-info before the rsync! :-)

But as Otavio explained, I would suggest you to use ~/public_git/ on
Alioth like I did recently with my deps-rewrite branch. That way you get a
gitweb for free.

http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hertzog/dpkg.git
git://git.debian.org/~hertzog/dpkg.git

See http://wiki.debian.org/AliothGit for more infos.