Re: Create a project on Alioth and choose a RCS?

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:32:27AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 02:45:32AM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > >
> > > Yesterday I started looking into this, I've got the CVS repo locally,
> > > and I'm starting to play with tailor. It says it supports importing
> > > from bazaar-ng fine, but no from baazar or tla.
> >
> > Did you continue looking into this?
>
> Unfortunately, no.
>
> > After we have the first release out now I would try to tackle this task
> > as soon as possible. And before I start to take a look at it myself I
> > would like to know if you have already learned something valuable.
>
> I converted with cvs2svn the existing cvs repo in cvs.debian.org. I
> wanted to just add the missing pieces from arch. But I could not get
> it to work properly. Then I tried to import the whole thing from arch
> and it exploded in different ways.

Hmm, I played around a bit today with tailor and the CVS repository
(www.dpkg.org seems to be down atm, so I have no idea how to get
the arch data) but this also fails in many interesting ways.
Importing the CVS data with cvs2svn seems the way more robust method.
But then we still have to find a way to import the 1.13 branch
from arch...

> Here's the latest config I used and I've have found on my disk.
> And I'm not yet sure that the current arch repo with the imported cvs
> history contains all cvs branches and tags...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/