The way to the next dpkg release

Hi.

I've now committed the current release 1.13.11.1 to
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/dpkg/trunk which we will use
as a preparation ground for the next upload. Guillem,
Christian, Brendan and I have been added to the Alioth
project and should have commit access.

I like to point the commit messages somewhere, either
the existing debian-dpkg-cvs@l.d.o or a list set up
via the Alioth project. Currently I send them to
debian-dpkg-cvs@l.d.o but I've yet to see a mail
arriving from there in my inbox so I'm not sure it
is indeed working...

I propose the following timeline for the next release:

Commit patches until Sunday January, 22th (5 days from now).
 This should give plenty of time to at least work through
 the backlog some of us have aquired (My own one can be seen
 at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=djpig@debian.org;tag=fixed-in-my-arch-branch).
Give a few days of testing at the beginning of next week.
Upload around Thursday January, 26th.

Comments, objections?

P.S. It might be good to read
http://www.dpkg.org/ArchRepository/CommittingChanges
as a reminder about changelog formats before commiting.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/