Re: highly touted package management tools vs. modem user

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 05:28:55AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Well, my conclusion about Debian's highly touted package management
> system in regards to mostly offline modem users is: being that those
> working in the Debian Towers all have snazzy net connections, at least
> certainly those working on the elite apt team, they'll never know the
> frustrations incurred by those who's items in /etc/apt/sources.list
> are not all necessarily on line, and also have a woody CDROM set.

I have been using Debian over a dialup for almost 5 years now. In fact,
I have been updating not 1, but 15 computers via apt over a *single* 56k
dialup atleast once a month.

Aside from that, I don't see your correlation of apt to your lack of
bandwidth. The size of the packages to install has nothing to do with
the program to download it. You are complaining that the orange you are
eating doesn't taste like an apple.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/