Re: dpkg-buildpackage "-m" doesn't work

OK; thanks.  Looking over the manpage (for dpkg-buildpackage) again makes me think that there might be a clarification needed.  The section regarding the -e and -m flags state that they override what is in the control, and are understood by both dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg-genchanges.  They do not, however, state that the effect they have is only valid for the .changes file.  They are also listed under the "common options", which leads one (or at least me :) to believe that the effect they cause is valid throughout the duration of the scripts.  Perhaps simply a statement:  "This option affects the maintainer field in the .changes file, and is understood by dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg-genchanges."

Thanks again for the help!

Previously Ian Alexander wrote:
> I've tried various syntax to fix this, but to no avail.  Am I doing something
> wrong, does the hello package not support this feature, or is there something
> else going on?  I've looked at the docs, but everything seems to tell me that
> I'm doing things correctly.  dpkg is version 1.9.17.  If I modify the control
> file directly, then the maintainer does change.  Thanks in advance.

Read the documentatino closer :). -m and -e are only used for the
.changes file, not for the deb itself.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |