Contents-amd64 or packages.gz ?

Hello,
Could you guys answer this question:

1. Where can I get a list of every single package that is in amd64
architecture? (A list of every program that can be installed by
category if possible main contrib non-free, source for main contrib
non-free). I initially though that information is in Contents-amd64.gz
but I'm not sure what that file is for. Is packages.gz the file I'm
looking for? If yes is there one for source or every binary package
has a corresponding source package always?
2. Is the and ftp somewhere that hold the source of every .deb file?
Instead of me getting the .deb can I go into some ftp server and get
the content of what is in .deb?

Thanks,
Lucas

--