Re: po4a --previous option in release-notes

On 2008-12-04 22:48, Simon Paillard wrote:
> By running updatepo this evening, I noticed we lost the opportunity to
> show the previous version of the string to translate.
>
> It seems you reverted the change I made in the makefile :
> #UPDATEPO=PERLLIB=lib/ po4a-updatepo --previous --format docbook
> UPDATEPO=PERLLIB=lib/ po4a-updatepo --format docbook
>
> I don't see any good reason to miss the --previous feature, which is
> *much* useful for translators.

Unfortunately, this command line option is not available in the
etch version of po4a, AFAIK. The lenny release notes are to be
build on an etch system. You might want to prepare a backport of
the lenny version of po4a, upload to backports.org and ask the
www.debian.org maintainers to install this version. Or maybe add
a version check in the Makefile. Not a beatiful solution, but
acceptable for the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.