Re: Would like to help Debian

Welcome, Christopher! :)

On 28/05/2008, at 4:23 AM, Christopher S. Jones wrote:

Hello,

I've been using Debian for 3 years now and feel strongly about the project. I would like to contribute but am not a programmer and am working on a limited budget. I've worked in software quality assurance (front-end) for several years and have experience in writing technical documentation. I'm hoping my skills can be of use to the Debian/GNU Project. I would appreciate help in pointing me in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Christopher Jones

I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the doc project will answer your mail, but certainly your participation is valuable to Debian. Are you interested in working on documents concerning any Debian area in particular?

A good place to start would be leafing through the wiki [1]. Many pages simply need proofreading, and the subsequent errors fixed. The wiki also gives you an idea of some of the main issues, and current issues, for which we need information publically and easily available. You can also look at areas for which there is inadequate documentation, and consider creating pages to meet that need.

I hope this reply is helpful. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/