Re: release notes: How to upgrade from kernel 2.4 to 2.6

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 09:23:21PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> (Including debian-testing as I think it is relevant.)

> > 2) If you have an LVM1 partition, you must install the 'lvm2' package.

> Do you have further information on this?

In the 2.6 kernels, there is no LVM1 interface; LVM1 volumes are handled
using the compatibility layer of lvm2 (the dm-mod module).

> Also:
> - If they have gnome installed (or more general: if udev is installed),
> switching to 2.6 will activate udev.

Should not be a concern, though, unless there are outstanding bugs that
haven't been fixed.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer