Re: Starting questions

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 10:24:56PM +0200, ThomasS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Geert Stappers schrieb:
> > On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:17:59PM +0200, ThomasS wrote:
>

> > Tell us which manual you what to rebuild,
> > so we are able to reproduce your problem.
>
> Hmm, generally I would like to rebuild them all in the source directory
> since I want to gain some overview of existing Deb docs.
>
> But just for the sake of getting through let's say I want to rebuild:
>   /home/thomas/ddp/manuals.sgml/maint-guide (in German)

Please confirm ( to make sure we are talking about the same files )
Did you get those from CVS?
Please supply the output of   cat CVS/R*

> When running "make" from commandline in
> /home/thomas/ddp/Imanuals.sgml/maint-guide/ I get an error message:
>

> mv: call of stat for "maint-guide.html" not possible: file or directory
> not found
>

> What I am missing or what is not found by make: I am not very accustomed
> to work with Makefiles, so I am stuck for now!

I did run "make" and got a complete build, without any error.

I assume you allready start changing the Makefile.
Could you provide us with a unified diff?
( type
    diff -u Makefile.backup Makefile
  or
    cvs diff -u Makefile
)

and also tell in other words what you mean with

> Hmm, generally I would like to rebuild them all in the source directory
> since I want to gain some overview of existing Deb docs.

Cheers
Geert Stappers