scope creep in DDP Policy

I propose that DDP policy is too broad in it's scope and will never be
approved, and can never be implemented, as it stands.

Example:

| The DDP considers a Debian Manual to be any piece of documentation
| created to address the needs of users of Debian system or developers
| in the Debian project.

I think this is way too broad.  I think the DDP should scope itself
to be just those bits of Debian documentation which are managed by the
DDP itself.  Then when this is successful we can think about

| [...] Some of the manuals the DDP currently holds are:

[manual list follows, including such things as the Linux Magazine,
book published by people not even debian developers?]

This is an example of the same scope creep.

I think we need to step back and make a policy just for ourselves
(DDP) and then add from there.  Starting with the scope being too
large is perhaps why the DDP policy is stalled?