Re: xz backdoor

Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote on 31/03/2024 at 09:11:59+0200:

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 07:15:28PM -0700, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
>> I am doing all my builds inside a (Podman) container with the sources
>> loop-mounted.
>
> You do, but Debian itself (aka DSA) does not.  They still prefer to
> trust all 100k packages and run them as root in the init namespace over
> the five people who can login as buildd and potentially trigger
> capability reachable problems in the kernel.  This is what got as in
> part of the situation, as we don't even know if the buildd hosts are
> untampered.

Ok, maybe the current situation is not that good and maybe we (DSA) need
to change our priority focuses.

But FWIW, being passive-agressive in order to question something and
doing finger pointing is just the best way to get a constructive idea
ignored.

So, IDK, pour some water in your wine and try a nicer way of stating
what you find problematic?

We'll try to jump the unshare schroot train.

--
PEB