Re: xz backdoor

On 2024-03-30 17:00, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 30, Jonathan Carter <jcc@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Another big question for me is whether I should really still
>> package/upload/etc from an unstable machine. It seems that it may be prudent
> If we do not use unstable for development then who is going to?

Are you both talking about unstable hosts, or unstable chroots, or...?

I do all my development on a stable host, within rootless podman
containers which are trivial to set up. I run final sbuilds and
autopkgtests in QEMU VMs, also trivial to set up.

This is both out of convenience (I want my workstation to be based on
stable) and precisely because of the afforded isolation.

Best,
Christian