Re: /usr-move: Do we support upgrades without apt?

On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 at 15:31:55 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> Do those GUI frontends that work via packagekit or other frameworks
> count as "using apt"?

Managing apt/dpkg packages via packagekit uses libapt-pkg6.0 (via
/usr/lib/*/packagekit-backend/libpk_backend_apt.so). I don't know whether
that's enough to give it the specific desirable behaviour around Conflicts
that Helmut is referring to, but I hope it is.

Other non-CLI package management like unattended-upgrades is generally
in a similar situation, using libapt-pkg or its language bindings,
but not the apt(8) or apt-get(8) CLIs specifically.

    smcv