Re: Bits from the Release Team: Cambridge sprint update

On Sat, Dec 16, 2023 at 06:23:46PM +0000, Paul Gevers wrote:
> During the wonderful mini-DebConf at Cambridge, the Release Team had a sprint
> and other discussions. Some of the discussed topics are worth sharing, so here
> we go.
[...]
> Reproducibility migration policy
> ================================
>
> The folks from the Reproducibility Project have come a long way since they
> started working on it 10 years ago, and we believe it's time for the next step
> in Debian. Several weeks ago, we enabled a migration policy in our migration
> software that checks for regression in reproducibility. At this moment, that is
> presented as just for info, but we intend to change that to delays in the not
> so distant future. We eventually want all packages to be reproducible. To
> stimulate maintainers to make their packages reproducible now, we'll soon start
> to apply a bounty for reproducible builds, like we've done with passing
> autopkgtests for years. We'll reduce the bounty for successful autopkgtests at
> that moment in time.

\o/ and hooray and yay and much looking forward to that! and thanks for acknowledging
our work and many thanks to *everyone* contributing so that we've come this far by now!

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

"I like beautiful people. I don't care about their looks."