Re: Behavior change for Python packages built with CMake

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 01:49:33PM +0200, Timo Röhling wrote:

> TL;DR: export DEB_PYTHON_INSTALL_LAYOUT=deb_system in d/rules
[...]
> N.B. It looks like Meson has been affected in a similar way [2].

I have several affected packages and it wouldn't be a problem to export
`DEB_PYTHON_INSTALL_LAYOUT=deb_system` (or `deb`?) in debian/rules.

However, I'd like to avoid going and doing several uploads only to learn
a month later that this was a temporary workaround that is now causing
other problems, and the actual solution is something else.

Are we at a situation where we can pick one and document it as an
accepted standard, until some build tool will set it by default, in
which case it'll only become redundant?

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>