Re: When a magpie is not a magpie

On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 6:27 PM David Mohammed <davidmohammed@gmail.com> wrote:
> On examining the upload, mentors' automatic checks tells me that there
> is already a package in debian with a last upload date of 2003

https://ftp-master.debian.org/removals-2003.txt says magpie was
removed in December 2003 so Debian 3.0 Woody was the last release to
include it. That was before the amd64 architecture was introduced. My
opinion is that you are more than ok to name your source package
magpie. I see that the version number is higher than the old magpie
which is helpful for Launchpad (although the old magpie predates
Ubuntu).

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha