Re: proposal: dhcpcd-base as standard DHCP client starting with Trixie

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> writes:

> On Jun 22, Martin-Éric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> The point has always been to ship some ifupdown-supported DHCP client
>> by default. This can be done either by keeping the default client's
>> priority to important or by making ifupdown Depends on one.  I prefer
>> the later.
> It would be totally unacceptable to make ifupdown Depend on a DHCP
> client, because this would bloat most server installations.
> But I would be happy with a Recommends. It's not like the people whose
> server needs a DHCP client do not know that they need to install one.

The DHCP client I have to hand says:
Installed-Size: 686

...so while I can see an argument about bloating a server install, I'm
not sure it's strong enough to warrant "totally unacceptable"?

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."