Re: proposal: dhcpcd-base as standard DHCP client starting with Trixie

Ansgar <ansgar@43-1.org> writes:

> I think this should be NetworkManager for desktop environments and I
> personally like systemd-networkd for other environments. In both cases
> these replace both ifupdown and isc-dhcp-client.

We might be using slightly different terms, but for desktops I still
tend to use ifupdown (since the network config is easily configured
thus, and essentially never changes); laptops I have ifupdown &
network-manager (since the latter makes joining wireless networks on my
travels easier).

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."