Re: 64-bit time_t transition for 32-bit archs: a proposal

On 2023-05-20 Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
> On 2023-05-17 20:14 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
>> They mention, "We likely have to complete Modern C porting first to remove
>> any instances of -Wimplicit-function-declaration otherwise the redirects in
>> glibc for e.g. time->time64 won't actually work."

>> Has that issue been considered here? (I can't speak intelligently on it at
>> this time. I just want to make sure it's on your radar.)

> I was aware of it (the gentoo info is linked on the 64bit-time wiki
> page), but had not yet looked into how significant an issue this actually
> was, so had not documented it. (frankly, I was hoping we could avoid
> tying yet another transition into this one). Thanks for the reminder.
[...]

Hello,

There is an ongoing Fedora project by Florian Weimer which includes this
issue.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/PortingToModernC

Not sure whether there is a similar effort for Debian but it should help
a lot, everything with active upstream that is packaged by Fedora will
be fixed.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'