Re: DEP 17: Improve support for directory aliasing in dpkg

On Tue, 25 Apr 2023, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> Brilliant! Would never have thought of using divert like that.

+1 Nice trick.

> So, what work would need to happen to make this reality? Do we need
> tooling/scripts/build changes to support the divert scheme, or is it
> "simply" a matter of documenting and testing?

I would suggest to implement it with "dpkg-maintscript-helper" and
document what needs to be documented as part of the associated manual
page documentation.

After all it's a hack to work around a dpkg limitation and it fits
well with the purpose of that helper tool.

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁