Re: Q: uscan with GitHub

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 10:36 AM Samuel Henrique <samueloph@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue 20 Sept 2022, 01:39 Paul Wise, <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, 2022-09-19 at 18:54 +0200, Andrea Pappacoda wrote:

> Hi, what I usually do with GitHub is to use its API, since it has the
> advantage of not breaking uscan when they do changes to the web UI.

Since the API uses pagination, this has the minor downside of making it
harder to use the uscan --download-version option with older versions.

The GitHub pages are also paginated, so you get the same issue whether using the API or not.

There is a per_page parameter: https://docs.github.com/en/rest/releases/releases#list-releases
E.g. https://api.github.com/repos/torvalds/linux/tags?per_page=100
The maximum is 100 though.

Cheers,