Re: Need help with Multi-Arch in systemd

Am 09.07.21 um 10:28 schrieb Helmut Grohne:
I concur with Marco here and I argue that splitting the library is my
preferred solution. I confirm that you'd need to move the library for
this to work. For the other points I do not follow. I think it would be
ok to move the library using code inside debian/. Is there any reason
why you ruled out that option?

I also disagree with the need to go through NEW more than once. The new
package could quite simply be named libsystemd-private and lack a
.symbols and .shlibs file.

Splitting out libsystemd-shared (once) will make PID1 very brittle. It can lead to situations where old systemd + new libsystemd-private is installed. If the installation is aborted at this point, you have an unbootable system.
This is why I think it's not a viable approach.