Re: [RFC] Proposal for new source format

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 11:59:07 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

>  * tag2upload service, or some related service:
>     - determines that the maintainer is using a dgit-compatible git
>       workflow, by looking at the tags, and looks at some in-dsc
>       metadata to find the maintainer's repo
>     - determines that the maintainer is using salsa or launchpad,
>       converts the NMU to the maintainer branch's format, and
>       submits an MR

… after checking that the current state of the git repo corresponds
to the current version in the archive (which is often not the case in
my experience with NMUs) …

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe