Re: Discussion tooling (was: Bits from the DPL (August 2019))

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 11:30:58AM +0200, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> first of all it would help a lot to identify when a new subthread is
> openend and make this visible in the usual way (like this mail does). It would
> increase a lot(!) the readability of Debian lists where this is an
> often encountered problem. BTW no discussion tool can help in automating
> separate discussion threads when the topic changes.

very true. and i'm very sceptical people will manage this. currently
most writers are already unable to avoid cc:ing when replying to list mails
even though this is against our rules which is especially ironic (and
depressing) when talking about respect and consensus...

[discourse]
> You will definitely lose me when I am forced to enter such an online platform to
> follow and participate in discussions.

I guess I will also not participate in discussions using online tools.

--
cheers,
	Holger