Re: Is there system-config-lvm for Debian 10?

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 5:27 AM Joe Irungu wrote:

> Thus is there a system-config-lvm for Debian 10 or how else can I manage logical volumes in Buster?

system-config-lvm was removed from Debian buster in 2017:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/system-config-lvm
https://tracker.debian.org/news/851840/removed-1118-3-from-unstable/
https://bugs.debian.org/865977

If you would like to reinstall system-config-lvm, you will have to add Debian 9 stretch to your apt sources.list and install it from there. Please note that it is unsupported though.

The removal bug report suggests kvpm as an alternative, but that isn't in Debian any more either:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/kvpm
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1012759/removed-0910-11-from-unstable/
https://bugs.debian.org/916802
https://bugs.debian.org/915690
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1489590

The partitionmanager package seems to be a more modern KDE equivalent of that though. Other options might include gnome-disk-utility or gparted, depending on your needs.

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48120
https://askubuntu.com/questions/968297/is-there-a-new-gui-for-lvm

--
bye,