Re: @debian.org mail

On Jun 03, Daniel Lange <DLange@debian.org> wrote:

> The default reply for missing wafer confirmation emails (the software
> running debconf19.debconf.org) and missing salsa password reset emails is
> "check your Spam folder". Debian.org doesn't have a SPF record so mail
> submitted from such Debian machines is a bit in a limbo.
The current reality of email is that you cannot expect passable
deliverability for messages which do not have one of SPF or DKIM
aligned.

A first obvious step is to setup SPF records for services like salsa
and lists which send all mail from their own domain from the same
servers.

A second obvious step is to start DKIM-signing all email emitted by
Debian servers.

A third not so obvious step is to create a way for developers to publish
personal TXT or CNAMEs records below _domainkey.debian.org: this would
allow everybody to keep sending aligned messages from their own servers.
Maybe the infrastructure currently used for debian.net domains could be
easily adapted to do this as well.

> @debian.org as soon as possible and - after a grace period - publish a mx
> -all SPF record.
-all SPF records are not really useful unless you are a target of
phishing and break forwarding, so I strongly recommend against this.

--
ciao,
Marco