Re: Confusing our users - who is supporting LTS?

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 2:18 AM Holger Levsen wrote:

> ... and that's what I meant when I said not much has changed: what was
> bad about about the idea of Debian paying people I still think is bad
> today. And I don't think I'm alone here.

I also agree with Debian not paying members for their contributions.

> Money is a cause of friction (at best) and as such I firmly believe it's
> better we keep money/paying contributors out of Debian *itself*.

I note that we are paying Outreachy interns using Debian funds. I
personally do not have a problem with this as long as it remains a
mechanism for growing the community rather than paying insiders.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise