Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

Jeremy Bicha wrote...

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:03 PM, Christoph Biedl
> <debian.axhn@manchmal.in-ulm.de> wrote:
> > Or for example the xmem removal (#733668):
>
> 4 years ago.

So?

> > And also give it some time, I'd suggest some two to four weeks.
>
> I don't think we need to add an artificial delay for package removals
> that are approved by the package maintainer.

Certainly not. Last year there was a library that no longer had any
rdeps, so the maintainer decided to RM it. Too bad someone out there
develops software based on Debian. At least I learned rather soon,
thanks to some CI that started to report build failures for unresolvable
build dependencies.

    Christoph