Re: Let's enable AppArmor by default (why not?)

Hi,

Carsten Schoenert:
> Starting with this thread and by some talking to various people I
> changed my mind about this. For better flexibility and customizing,
> thinking about various releases (like *-security, *-backports e.g.) that
> need to be supported, I believe apparmor profiles for the applications
> should stay in the belonging source packages in most cases.

Fully agreed.

> Ubuntu is doing the opposite as far as I know [1], the time will show
> which way is batter.

FYI we're doing just like Ubuntu. I understand why you've been mislead
— you're definitely not the first one — and Ulrike has documented
where things are:

https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/Contribute/Upstream#Debian_.2F_Upstream_relationship

Cheers,
--