Re: Naming of network devices - how to improve it in buster

On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 18:31 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I didn't think anyone was claiming they would, so I'm not sure why
> you felt like it was necessary to say this.

It's the same reason you feel like it was necessary to say this, I
guess:

On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 09:11 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I just also don't particularly care; I've stopped using ifupdown and
> am using *.link units for network configuration

How is you stopping using ifupdown relevant to interface renaming?  It
isn't.  Nonetheless I find it interesting to learn how others solve the
same problems I face, and appreciated you taking the time to make the
comment.  But your approach doesn't work for me and I thought others
might be interested to know why that is so.