Re: restructuring debian-policy (was Re: Intended MBF: maintainer scripts not starting on #!)

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 10:29:26AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> do you think this is something which could be re-started at say DebConf
> (or probably better, DebCamp), or a dedicated debian-policy sprint?
>
> would anybody else be interested to spend time+work on this?

There is a huge backlog of bugs to update policy, most of which are for
entirely uncontroversial changes.

If people wanted to do the restructuring work first, all the patches on
all those bugs would have to be rewritten.  Further, it is a waste of
time restructuring text that will be heavily amended/removed once those
bugs are dealt with (we're talking basic stuff where policy is just
ignored because everyone knows it is out-of-date).

So ideally a sprint would look at that backlog before the
restructuring.  But of course people might not want to work on that,
which is fair enough.

--
Sean Whitton