Re: [Letsencrypt-devel] Certbot in Debian Stretch

James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> writes:
> HL> Certbot has never been in jessie, so I imagine it wouldn't have been
> usable.
>
> Certbot, letsencrypt, python-acme, et cetera; the package name doesn't
> matter for this purpose.

In fact, letsencrypt was never in jessie either.  Both certbot and
letsencrypt have only ever been in stable-bpo, stretch, and sid.

> And there was quite a long time when apt-get install certbot failed on
> jessie-backports systems due to version incompatibilities.

If you're referring to #825619, that was a bug in a dependency, not in
certbot, which we worked around by specifying a child version dependency
in python-acme.

Either way, I don't see the relevance for the larger discussion.  I'm
happy to discuss the breakage off-list, if you have concerns.

Sincerely,
--
Harlan Lieberman-Berg
~hlieberman