Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On 2016-11-16 12:26, Ian Jackson wrote:
In the absence of input from the openssl maintainers, I would like to
ask the Release Team's opinion.

If we are going to wind back on this change we should do it ASAP.  We
should not allow ourselves to make the decision to press on, simply by
failing to decide otherwise.

Indeed it's been under discussion for the past week or so independent of the thread on -devel. I hope you'll forgive me for not breaking confidences just yet, but we expect to be able to resolve this very soon.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
            8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits