Re: missing -dbgsym packages on uploads by maintainer(s)

Hi,

Quoting Colin Watson (2016-11-12 03:58:04)
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 12:58:13AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > * wanna-build(?)'s resolution of arch-specific build-depends is buggy.  For
> > example, my package arch-test wants, among others:
> > binutils-x86-64-linux-gnu [!amd64 !i386 !x32] which is a no-op on amd64,
> > properly recognized as such by dpkg-dev, debuild, sbuild, pbuilder, etc,
> > yet the package never gets picked for autobuilding.
>
> Possibly a dose-builddebcheck bug, though it could certainly be in the
> fairly complex wanna-build integration with dose-builddebcheck
> (https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/mirror/wanna-build.git/tree/bin/wanna-build#n1846
> and the various functions it calls).

it doesn't seem to be a dose-builddebcheck bug. Consider the following Packages
file:

--%<----------------------
Package: build-essential
Architecture: amd64
Version: 1
-->%----------------------

And the following Sources file:

--%<----------------------
Package: foo
Architecture: any
Version: 1
Build-Depends: binutils-x86-64-linux-gnu [!amd64 !i386 !x32]
-->%----------------------

Then dose-builddebcheck with amd64 as the build and host architecture will
happily find a solution (which doesn't include binutils-x86-64-linux-gnu):

$ dose-builddebcheck --explain --successes --deb-native-arch=amd64 Packages Sources
output-version: 1.2
native-architecture: amd64
report:
 -
  package: foo
  version: 1
  architecture: any
  type: src
  status: ok
  installationset:
   -
    package: foo
    version: 1
    architecture: any
    type: src
   -
    package: build-essential
    version: 1
    architecture: amd64

binary-packages: 2
source-packages: 1
broken-packages: 0
$ echo $?
0

I tried the same in a Debian stable chroot and dose-builddebcheck succeeds as
well.

Quickly skimming the code I cannot see where the error could come from.
wanna-build seems to use Dpkg::Deps::deps_parse to do the architecture
filtering as it should in the filterarch function.

Thanks!

cheers, josch