Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

* Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> [161108 16:01]:
> It is true for other removals from testing, which can happen in two different ways:
>
> - The package was removed from unstable
> - The package was hinted for testing removal by the release team
>
> Since britney doesn't enforce (atm) that build-dependencies are satisfiable in
> testing, those two cases can cause this problem. However in the former case,
> rdeps should get a FTBFS bug so you will know about the problem, and the latter
> is not very frequent.

But wouldn't the FTBFS bug be filed after the removal of the build-dep,
so that it is too late for the maintainer to assist in keeping the
build-dep in the archive?  I thought this part of the thread was about
getting notification of pending, not already happened, removals so that
help could be directed in time to keep the package in the archive.  Do I
misunderstand?

...Marvin