Re: NRSS has been deprecated [#696302]

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 06:55:33PM +0000, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 06:28:41AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > A maintainer would then file "ITR: dasher" and wait for responses before
> > requesting RM.
>
> Why wouldn't you orphan first?

It answers a different question.

Orphaning means "I don't have time to maintain this package anymore but
believe it's worth keeping for now" (as otherwise it'd be a RM).

Intending to remove means "I don't think this package is useful at all, in
its present state nor any state within a reasonable amount of work.  Does
anyone disagree?".

We got plenty of packages orphaned for a decade that are in a good
condition.

--
A MAP07 (Dead Simple) raspberry tincture recipe: 0.5l 95% alcohol, 1kg
raspberries, 0.4kg sugar; put into a big jar for 1 month.  Filter out and