Re: unattended-upgrades by default?

Michael Biebl wrote:

>NetworkManager (since 1.0.6) exposes the information whether a
>connection is metered.
>
>See
>https://blogs.gnome.org/lkundrak/2015/08/27/networkmanager-1-0-6-brings-metered-connections-api-and-more/
>
>This can be set explicitly by the user, e.g. for a WiFi connection.
>
>Maybe u-a could query that information?
>
>That said, I read Steve's proposal to install u-a only for cloud-images.

We're *definitely* going to do it for cloud images, but (maybe this
wasn't 100% clear) I'm proposing we do it by default via d-i too. One
of the things that we're keen on for the cloud images is minimising
the user-visible changes compared to what happens in a "standard"
Debian system.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.